ICTC’s Work Integrated Learning Program is an innovative Work Integrated Learning program that helps employers grow their businesses by providing financial assistance for hiring post-secondary students. ICTC’s Work Integrated Learning Program is funded by the Government of Canada's Student Work Placement Program (SWPP).
The subsidies are 75% of wages paid to a maximum of $7500 to provide students with meaningful WIL opportunities that develop foundational and entrepreneurship/business skills; [applicable to all wages earned on or after May 25, 2020, until Winter 2021 Term].
For any other placement, the following categories will apply:
- 50% of the student’s salary, up to $5,000; or
- 70% of the student’s salary, up to $7,000, if the student falls within one of the following under-represented groups: Women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), Indigenous students, Newcomer (immigrants who immigrated within the last 5 years), Students with disabilities, Visible minorities, and First-year students.
What is required to Qualify?
- Applications must be from a Canadian Registered business or Not-for-profit organization that provides a student with a meaningful work placement that includes a Digital or Technology component and uses technology in some capacity.
- You are hiring for a Net New* position. Please refer to our Employer Program Guide for more details.
- The student has domestic status and is enrolled in a program at a Canadian accredited post-secondary institution, during the whole work placement period. Please refer to our Student Program Guide for more details.
ICTC’s WIL Digital placements supports Canadian businesses that offer student work placements within the Digital Economy. Please refer to our website https://www.wil-ait.digital/en/ for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact our team at 613-237-8551:
- Application Assistance: Extension 159
- General Questions & Partnerships: Extension 176
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org